The Angaston & Penrice Historical Society own the heritage listed Doddridge Blacksmith Shop and have built a shed at the rear that houses a museum including the 1926 Dodge Turner Butcher Van and the Holmes/Angas Wagon. This was achieved due to over 200 people and organizations donating a combined total $160,000 in 2017.
The Society’s volunteers man the working forge at weekends and public holidays and during special festivals. It is also strongly supported by the Artist Blacksmiths Association of South Australia (ABASA). They hold regular demonstrations at the forge and the dates of their attendances are usually to be found on the ABASA website.